Monday, September 14, 2009

Inspiration??


I've been thinking lately about what inspires me. For some things, I have to dig deep. For others, not so much. It's impossible not to be inspired by the wonders of the world around me. The changing weather, the turning leaves, sunsets, and rain. But as I've been thinking about doing new paintings, I've gone a little further into my past. Teenage years, although sometimes rather tumultuous, brought lots of inspiration. I was a girl who was determined to follow my own path, not be "just like everyone else". I loved being creative, and loved creative people. Cyndi Lauper was the ideal of individuality. She was colorful, fun, interesting. Even today, she's an amazing artist. I enjoyed doing the paintings of her; it brought back lots of memories. And as I was doing them, I heard "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and "Time After Time" on t.v. I even saw her on the t.v. twice. She still makes me "wanna have fun".


1 comment:

  1. How funny it is when your kids hear a song and think you are hearing it for the first time. Katie and I were jammin' in the car to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and she thought it was so cool that I knew the song!
    Cyndi Rocks! and so do your Paintings!
    Dina :)

    ReplyDelete